Kerala Christian Heritage Tour
Tours including Chauffer driven transport, Sight Seeing, Guide charge, all entrance fee, camera fee and Lunch,
Tracing out the religion
Christianity has taken its root in India in the first century itself. i.e., three centuries before it gained official recognition in Europe or became the established religion in Rome. St Thomas, one of the Apostles of Jesus Christ landed in Muzris (Kodungallur), the famous ancient Sea port on the West Coast of India during the year 52 A.D. He founded seven Churches on the Kerala coast in the following places: Palayoor, Kodungallur Quilon Kokkamangalam, Niranam, Nilakkal, and Paravoor. Thomas the Apostle, also called Judas Thomas, Doubting Thomas, or Didymus, was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus. He is perhaps best known for disbelieving Jesus’ Resurrection when first told of it, then proclaiming “My Lord and my God” on seeing Jesus. According to Indian Christian tradition, St. Thomas landed in Kodungallur in AD 52, in the company of a Jewish merchant Abbanes (Hebban).
Destinations Will Cover
- St.Thomas Church Palayoor â€“Established in AD 52: St.Thomas arrived here from Muziris 2000 years ago. There is a ruins of ancient Jewish Synagogue is still seen outside the Brahmin temple about a furlong off the church. Here St.Thomas converted 72 Hindu people to Christianity.
- Indian Christian Historical Museum
- St.Thomas Marthoma Church-AD 52
- The Marthoma Church is considered as the first Christian church in INDIA and is located on the bank of River Periyar. In this church a holy relic of St. Thomas (Elbow 15 cm) the Apostle of Jesus is enshrined for public worship. & 35 minute digital show regarding the St.Thomas Arrival
- Kottakavu Church AD 52: Kottakavu church is said to be one of the seven churches founded by St. Thomas during 52 AD.This church is also known as Valiya pally or big church, indicating mother church.
- Kottapuram Cathedral
- Jewish-Christian Ancestor Tower
- Our Lady of Snow Church AD-1507: This church is very close to Portuguese Fort. It was founded in the year 1507 and dedicated to Mother Mary.
- Vypeekotta Seminary AD 1581: The remains of the Vypeekotta Seminary built by the Portuguese is Preserved as a historic monument and site. A Seminary is the college to teach Christian priests.here we can see a Temple,synagogue,church and Mosque within 100 meter,this is the best example of Indian religious harmony.
- Natural Fiber Craft Center Visit
TIME: Departure at 08:00 AM back by 5:30PM